Monday, March 20

a Poem for Thursday....Preston Patrick in March



Preston Patrick in March




Preston Patrick in March.

 If you don’t hurt crows
They won’t hurt you
My father said

And I believed him.

Chorus :-
While water drips
In a blue plastic drum
Water runs from
A pipe in the yard
Water brown bubbling
And smelling strong.

In the ring of trees
Black branched
Against a pearly sky
Crows weave nests.

Chorus:-

Ghost trees hover high
On early green hills
And mist and low cloud
Merge in distant perspectives.

Chorus:-

There sits a flatbed trailer
Unmoved by their caws
And rusty supports form
As iron oxidises.

Chorus:-




The inspiration for the first stanza came out of a poem by Vicki Feaver in her  book,
 “The Handless Maiden”…Cape Poetry

Wasps
“If you don’t hurt wasps
They won’t hurt you
My father told me.


But I didn’t believe him,”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.