Friday, May 22

Discovering John Blakemore...photographer.



I've discovered the work of the photographer...John Blakemore...yes I know ...rather late in his life...but sooner late than never.

So I'm inspired by his work to try to push my own photography on a bit.

His work on tulips started me off as a pot in the living room was almost dead and yet still reaching out for the light....I did what "they" recommend...took loads and loads of the same thing but each one slightly different and that assessed them before editing.



 ...at the same time I had an article about Steichen and his iconic photo of Gloria Swanson around ...reading it from time to time in between other things...and so I tried the black net over the lens to capture a distance in the pics....
...fun and maybe a bit of success and a moving on in what I am trying to achieve.

6 comments:

  1. These are great! I like the first & last ones best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Dana...can't stop pic...ing!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your cosy sitting room. A book, a fire, and rain falling outside.... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I look at your posts and think...ahhh!...sunshine and the warmth of France!!!

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you have a post on again Gerry. My comment on your post today would have to be 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the secret I think is never give up ...never give in!!

      Delete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.