Monday, December 16

The Gingerbread Hut!


...each year our daughter....neviepiecakes ... makes us a gingerbread house for Christmas...
I can hardly bear to eat them...so much work and thought goes into each one.



This year she has excelled all expectations with...
...a gingerbread fisherman's hut fully equipped with lobster pots, a little fishing boat and a driftwood Christmas tree covered, of course, in snow...


...I love... love it...so what am I to do?
 ...it is truly a piece of edible sculpture...
...but she tells us to eat it and not to be so "precious"....


...look on the door ...a blackboard telling you that fresh fish has been caught and is there for the buying.


...and behind the snow laden driftwood tree ...a pile of lobster pots await the fisherman ...ready for the outing the next day....
...oh now I'm getting carried away!!

I just had to take lots of pics ...because the gingerbread is as good as the design...so there is no way that it is going to last forever...
...as Marie Antionette once didn't say...

"Let them eat cake"

10 comments:

  1. Having recently seen a few Gingerbread Houses on 'River Cottage', I know who's offering SHOULD have won the prize.... Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cro...if you have a look at her site ..she has some wonderful things...trained at art college in illustration !!

      Delete
  2. I popped over to your daughter/s site - what brilliant cakes - what a talented woman - hardly surprising though with you for a mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat...she has a business from home at the moment while the girls grow up!!

      Delete
  3. Don't forget to eat it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely a talent learned is rooted in one passed along. It is a beautiful piece of art for the eating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such a great way with words mark....thankyou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours of the Gingerbread house, What a fantastic work your daughter has created.
    Merry Christmas to you, Gerry, from Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Grethe...I love it too. Hope that you and yours have a great 2014.

      Delete
  7. How lovely! I adore gingerbread ~ & my son is a fisherman so that really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.