Saturday, July 6

...following Vivienne Maier...

 I watched the BBC art programme on the photographer Vivian Maier...well I watched it twice as it really caught my interest...you must see it for yourself if you are so inclined...
...anyway the thing that has stuck with me is how she put herself into the frame by getting her shadow there on the ground around whatever interested her....now that is poetry for me!

So off I went this morning and took a few garden pics...
...anyway the garden has done itself proud this week what with the arrival...albeit rather late in the day...of the sun!
Hooray!

I'm going to work on this idea.......
....I often say to the potter...
..."would you mind taking a pic of me?!"...well when you hold the camera...you are never in the shot!!

So here are a few from the morning cull...


...pot of perennial geraniums in the herb garden...




...I love how I caught the little forgetmenot as my eye...serendipity you must know!...


...field poppies are starting to pop....

11 comments:

  1. Cool! Photbombing your own pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great word...photbombing!!

      Delete
  2. I always larf when I see someone's shadow in a picture. To do it on purpose, however, is much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she also took lots of window and mirror pics...did she need to make sure that she was really there?...maybe!

      Delete
  3. I watched the programme too Gerry - most inbteresting and totally inspiring, particularly as she did not wish to publicise and cash in on her work - you really felt it was for her alone.
    I like the shadow idea - as there is plenty of sun at the moment I may well try it either early in the morning or late in the evening. Thanks for thinking of the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad that you also saw the programme...have a go at the shadow thing...fun!!

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen the doco but she was a fascinating lady. Taking shadow shots was something my kids really got into. Not sure why. They still do it sometimes. Like when jumping in the waves at the beach. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...love jumping waves ...just had a magic 2 weeks of that in Spain!!!

      Delete
  5. I must try to track the lady down. It's a fascinating ploy. Thanks for introducing it/her!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.