Sunday, April 28

Weekend at the Bay...that's Morecambe!


What a contrast a day makes ...could be a good song in that...change the words a bit...make it more poetic...

...well Saturday was bright and ...yes...windy...but sunny... and what an evening sky...





This pic is from Dave Brown of Wainwright Wanderings...a fantastic photography site . 
...well worth a viewing..
...I was in the house in front of a cozy fire and snuggled up in a blanket...well I said it was windy and the wind was cold.

The potter packed the car this morning ready to set off for Prom Art....
...we got to the front and looked at the Bay...
...and turned round and went straight back to the house! Unpacked the car again...sat and thought about things...and then went out to Red Bank for a coffee and toasted tea cake each....you have to be positive in this weather!!

So on the way back from the cafe...I made the potter stop a few times to take these.

Call them "elemental!...I like elemental actually...just glad of a home to go to and dry out afterward!


Lots of eager fishermen out at the Bare end of the Prom...no pun intended!!






...not bare at all in fact...very well covered up against the howling wind!






...this "craw"...viewed the outlook ...





and a lone fisherman got down in amongst the rocks....




...I'm facing into the wind and rain here and one walker braves it on the west prom......
....quite jolly actually ...he gave me a friendly wave...

...then along comes a mad cyclist head into the storm and pedalling like crazy ...
...going nowhere!





...it was like this...




...but you know it can be like this too...
...if it wants to!





16 comments:

  1. I love Morecambe, but it's better on a good day!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ...although I do like a good bit of "Elements"

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. I'd better not mention how warm it's been down here then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cro...people can be so insensitive!!!enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. It has thus far been the ficklest of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a great first line for a poem!

      Delete
  4. I thought about you Gerry - yes Saturday was nice here and Sunday foul. Somehow you need the sun at Grange don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foul weather is the right expression...one day you will make it when I'm there too and that will be fun!

      Delete
  5. Never mind, next month will be lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..well if it is ...only the potter will be enjoying it as I will be at St Georges Market with the lovely sister and two grandgirls!!!

      Delete
  6. I need to Go West! Trouble is, we've got Whitby on this side. And Saltburn. And Robin Hood's Bay! J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...then John ...I need to go east!! or would that be greedy?

      Delete
  7. Not exactly spring and summer here, but then you are not alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However..May day brought out the best in the sun and it shone all day and even today....hooray!

      Delete
  8. Hej Gerry, the good weather is on its way - but a rough day like this on Morecambe brings you some fresh air down into your lungs!!! I don't remember an April month being that cold and windy. But maybe my memory is not as good as it was!

    What a fantastic photo the last one with the boats and the colours. It is so beautiful. I would love to be in such a place.
    Cheers to a lovely summer
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes I think you are right Grethe.Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.