Thursday, April 11

The Green Bike


I don't know about you ...but I find it really hard to throw stuff away!
For instance...
...this green bike...never really any good to ride ...but it looks so good just sitting there under the elder tree......
................ and getting so entwined in the ivy that it's now part of the garden!






...and then again....
                      ...what earthly use can there be to keep the grown-up son's ancient Tonka truck....
                                                      .................for goodness sake look at the state of it!

Aw!





Well it's in bits and there it will stay until it rusts into oblivion and becomes part of the earth!!
What is rust good for in the garden?   There must be some plant that will benefit one day.

14 comments:

  1. That made me laugh! We have a white bike in a similar state. I keep asking Lady M if we could take it to the dump.... but somehow it never goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I like the Ladies style Cro!!

      Delete
  2. The rust adds iron back to the soil. The bike for it's color alone is where it belongs. Maybe it would make a good bean trellis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually love the little bike ...wouldn't you know!!

      Delete
  3. I liked that green bike very much, and I love taking photos of them - the more colourful bike, the better. And green fitted in here very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree: the green bike looks to be very much on a par with the red wheelbarrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never get rid of that lovely green bike! Let it be decorated with a fine growth of green leaves....

    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think just as the Tonka...it will disappear to rust eventually

      Delete
  6. Do you have a "scarecrow festival" down your way? You could make these old things part of your "tableau".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a "scarecrow festival" down your way? You could always make these old things part of your "tableau".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dominic...sadly no scarecrow festival close by!!!

      Delete
  8. Do not under any circumstances throw away that lovely green bike Gerry - it goes so beautifully with the ivy and makes a real focal point. Not so sure about the truck though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat I suspect the bike will also rust away...the Tonka...well it was Ben's and fell apart as I tried to clean up around it!!

      Delete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.