Friday, March 1

Would wood?






 March 1st and the wood is low...a quick call to Joe the wood man for one more load and then hopefully the actual spring....
....it's the first of that today apparantly...
... will have warmed the bones enough to do without a blazing fire early each day.
Meantime the potter has cleared the dry stuff from the back...have you noticed how things make their way to the back of cupboards?...


...and is tidying the green wood up for next winter....brrrr!!!



...nothing as artistically pleasing as a pile of stacked wood in a wood shed me thinks!

Men and their sheds.....!

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking at 'shed catalogues' at this very moment. I think I deserve one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure about artistically pleasing, your woodshed, but artistically stimulating, certainly! Superb post! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no shed--it is my wife's and I am not allowed. But I have my poetry and mind to sustain me from the cruel reality of having no shed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm....an immediate response from the men!....women ...where are we on this?! oh yes I see...the walking man's wife has possession!!

    well I must admit that I call mine..."summer house"...really just a big hut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit like women and their sewing machines I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how true Pat...don't mess with my sewing machine!!!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for visiting my blog and your sweet comment.
    On the men and sheds thing, I get it. I'm a woman with a shed and it makes me VERY happy.
    Happy Monday!
    MissW xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Miss Whistle....mine makes me sooo happy and it's really my hideaway from the hustle and bustle of the work at the potters house....

      Delete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.