Tuesday, February 26

Grandgirls in the studio.


When the southern grandgirls come up to stay ...the cry goes up...
..."pops came we make something in the studio?"
This is good as there may be a slight possibility therefore that one of them could...and I emphasise ...could...think in the future of taking over the making of the ceramics!
No pressure then!!
Whether that ever happens or not, the art produced in these sessions, absolutely lacks of fear from any criticism....
..how good is that in this high-powered world of success!!  I love it.





...so I said..."who will take it over?"...and one was designated....but I'm not telling which one it was as she has a lot of growing up and having fun to do before any of that happens.

5 comments:

  1. What lovely and creative things they have made. They must have had great fun in the studio and there are obviously some Potters Genes in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Dartford Warbler....They had fun and we had fun seeing what they made!!

      Delete
  2. My theory is Gerry that young children can produce wonderful stuff like this and then suddenly they seem to develop inhibitions which stifle their creativity. I have seen it happen so many times - I do hope your 'girls' manage to hang on to theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat ...I think that is the big problem with art and children...and it isn't always an outside influence , it's often something in themselves that seems to say...I'm no good at this....sad!

      Delete
  3. Yes. leave them fear free for as long as can possibly be done.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.