Tuesday, January 29

"Lady Heyes"

We went off on a spin yesterday afternoon....
....the we here being Christine McC. and myself.
Across the Manchester ship canal and off up into the Cheshire hills behind the little town of Frodsham....
First stop, after depositing the car in the car park.......Christine's car....thankyou!!
..is usually a cup of coffee and some cream cake.
Then we are fit and ready to do the serious business of  looking, necessary for ...

The Lady Heyes  Antique and Collectable Centre...

If you are in any way interested in "stuff".... this is the place for you!
Did I mention that I very grandly offered to buy the coffee and cake?...
...well I'd left my purse at home in the kitchen !....tut tut...


...baubles bangles and beads...


...buttons in a button box...



 ...lovingly crocheted rugs for ancient knees...



 ...never be without a good butter knife...



 ...lace and furbelows...( don't really know what furbelows are ...anyone out there help?)



 ...no place can call itself furnished without Donald Duck...



 ...books books books...and look at those super titles ...and didn't they do a good job with the book covers in those days...I love them...I buy just for the front illustration...



 ...tins and things...



 ...tartan rugs and silk throws...



 ...I get lost in the maze of rooms...


 ...we had one of these in the garage when I was a kid and I loved rummaging in it to find old paintings and documents...obviously not important or they wouldn't have been in the garage!

....but the piece de resistance for me, was this wonderful old photo of a huntsman...
...I asked for permission to take a pic of it...the absolute essence of a portrait...I think.







...home again with Christine at the wheel....what fun!


...don't you just love good friends!

6 comments:

  1. Those sort of shops ruin my day; I spend so much time in them, I forget all else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to have a rummage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we must have a little trip soon!!

      Delete
  3. Ah, Charles Kingsley's Water Babies Gerry - I have that self same book on my shelf as I write.
    Looking at those photos seems to me it is a good job you left your purse at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love these old books ...they were so desirable just for the covers apart from the great stories. I loved the quality of the paper and card used as well...

      Delete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.