Monday, December 31

The Gourd Pot.


So... I wrote a few weeks ago about the pumpkins that were not!...they were gourds...and very nice ones too.
...daughter, from down south, took quite a few home...
... and the lovely pottery class people took some more.
But I still have a basketful of them....though what to do  except gaze appreciately at them.....
....I'm sure I don't know!

Anyway, the Potter  always gives me a ceramic christmas goody and ...so this year the theme was not the pumpkin...

  
which it has been in the past...

...no, no, it's the gourd!

 

I'm looking forward to filling it with sunflowers later in the year.

11 comments:

  1. Sunflower season sounds very good to me. Very best wishes, Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Cro...roll on the sunflower season!!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a Christmas present well worth having :-)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love the unexpectedness of the annual ceramic offering!! thankyou RuneE

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year. What a wonderful pot.

    I love pumpkins (pumpkin pie pumpkin soup pumpkin curd) but my efforts to grow them recently have been dismal failures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well we shall try again this year as the grandgirls get disappointed if we have to buy them!! thankyou Dominic.

      Delete
  4. How nubbly and gorgeous! Beautiful colours - its huge, does it reply if you talk into it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer ...I'm thinking of putting it somewhere down in the herb garden when spring comes!!

      Delete
  5. Love it Gerry. Happy New Year to you all - and good health to the Potter ub 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyouPat...well he is a lot better!!

      Delete
  6. Super pots, super times, super posts!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.