Thursday, November 15

The sleepy garden...




I've been taking pics of the garden and back field for the potter  as he is still in hospital
 just to let him see the way the garden is going to sleep for the winter this year.
I think it gets more beautiful every year. 
It was an unofficial local tip when we took it over more than 30 years ago.



But Alan has used the wood available to make the fences and arches around the site.



... the summer house at the far right...



...the old barrow just about holding together...



...the herb garden...
and


...the little sun spot at the bottom of the herb garden...

 
...autumn colours  ...

 
...autumn leaves...

...the gingko tree of eternity...


 ...canary creeper seeds falling for the show next year...


 ...another viewing spot for the roses...


... winter food for us and...

 
 ...winter food for the little field mice who live in the compost heap...



...a goodly crop of leaks this year means great soups...


 beautiful end of year colour.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs Gerry, as is the photograph on the previous post. I do hope that husband is making good progress and will soon be home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Pat ...hoping that he may get home for the weekend! fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. Oh Gerry if I lived closer to you I would love to photograph your garden. Alan has made some great pieces. I see you've got the purple callicarpa berries that I took macro shots of. Yours look so much plumper on the bare branches - mine this year are so small and there are not that many of them either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great garden, but that wheelbarrow really does need some attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it was completely covered in ivy earlier in the summer and only the "bones were left after I stripped it of it's clothing! I quite like it now!

      Delete
  4. Your garden looks so beautiful in its melancholy sleep - I wish I could visit it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou 365 days! it's very visitable!

      Delete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.