Monday, October 22

A bit more colour still there.



I had a good mosey around in the garden at the weekend and just when you think that all the flowers are over and nature is going off to sleep...
...the berries arrive...


...snow berries...



...purple berries...
?



...patio berries...
?



...ivy berries...



...honeysuckle berries...



...iris berries...


...yes ...yes I know...they aren't really called patio berries or purple berries...
...BUT...
I only grow them...well to be honest ...
...I put them in the ground and they grow themselves..
...and I'm always amazed at what occurs!
So I gathered a handful of the various types
and made up an autumn posie for the living room cupboard. 


I could call this one...
..."A Mary Berry"...
but that really would be silly!!

7 comments:

  1. What's wrong with being really silly Gerry?

    I actually found some holly berries yesterday - don't expect they will be there at Christmas as there are lots of redwings about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Gerry, what I especialy like about the autumn is the fantastic strong colours. It's like nature will show us it's still very much alive although winter comes.
    It's a wonderful bouquet in a wonderful vase.
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'purple' berries!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and colourful berries, Gerry! We have some great holly berries at the moment, but don't want to see a lot more ivy berries for a while, as we've been doing a massive ivy extermination during our recent garden reshape. I know ivy is good for all sorts of wildlife, but when your garden is completely invaded with the stuff, something had to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A heart-warming post -- as you must have been heart-warmed on your walk round the garden. Good to know that nature is always stirring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shalom Gerry. How lucky you are to have a garden "berried" in berries. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.