Friday, September 21

jazz in the garden



We had our annual open garden bash recently.
It's  ...£1 at the garden gate...and then buy some cake and drinks...if you want.
I always panic over the weather, after all we are up here in the N.W. of England and you know all about  the Manchester rain jokes!...
Anyway...the sun shone...and the breeze was balmy...and the garden filled up with neighbours, friends and family.

The music was great...we had Helen Monks and her band...
Michael Healey her dad... gave us a fabulous jazz set on the Saxaphone..
...the local musicians gave us some great times...
and your's truly did her best to keep the gang happy with the usual music..and a few new ones.

And so here are  just a few pics to let you into some more of the goings on at 
The Potters House Penketh and the crazy days we get up to.....
Every year just before we start I say..."never again"...
...and then when it's all over and really successful I think..
."Oh... what shall we do next year?" 




...the day starts with setting up the sound system...



...the musicians arrive...



...a bit of a traffic jam!...



...and Esther and the potter await the coming cakes!...


 ...Isabelle and the potter...pops...guard the cakes!...



... the workers grab a bite to eat before the gates are opened...

...and in come the public...to get a seat in the sun...












the garden fills up...



...the son is shining...
...service is ready...so let the party begin...







...Helen Monks and band...



...Mickey L....easy listening and always a joy...



...Billy P.....Mr. Cool...


...your's truly with Billy S. on key board..
I never have to worry...if I make a mistake...he covers it up...the best!


...and Michael Healey...wowing us with an amazing jazz set on sax.....
a well known N.W. musician gave us some great music...
...so good!

Then just when we were all done...
 along came Sam to lull us into a late summer dream with some gentle ambiant music...
... and French melodies on the accordian.




...is everybody happy?...
...bet your life we are!


 




15 comments:

  1. The absolute highlight of my summer! What an afternoon of delights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou kind liver bird ...and a special thanks for the yummy cake!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a fabulous time! This is another one of those moments I wish I could just hop in a car & head over there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana that would be such fun....I'll keep hoping!

      Delete
  3. Looks like another fabulous day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just missing a "Nini" type goodie!!!

      Delete
  4. I'll join The Bug (if she's passing this way). That looks great. And I do like a good accordion player; but then, I would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Cro...he was superb and played us all into a dreamy evening....

      Delete
  5. If I had known it was on Gerry, I would have been tempted to drive across to hear it all (and sample the cake)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat ...the cake was good ...the weather was great ...and the music such fun!! maybe next year.

      Delete
  6. Hello Gerry. That must have been a wonderul day. Good weather and cosy people and all that jaaazz!!
    I love the French melodies on the accordion. Then I feel I'm in Paris!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grethe...I know what you mean about the accordian...I'm hoping to get him to give us an evening with some french food later in the year.

      Delete
  7. It certainly looks to have been a wondrous day, weather included for all and there is nothing better than having live music in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we had more good comments this year than we ever had before ...perhaps we were all just so glad to see the sun and relax!

      Delete
  8. thankyou to you lovely fellow bloggers for your kind comments....we truly had the best garden fling ever this year...so I might do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.