Wednesday, January 4

Pantomime



We took the two southern grand girls to the pantomime on new year's eve.
Dick Whittington.
Mum always took me to the Grand Opera House pantominme in Belfast every Christmas all those years ago.


When we came out, got the bus back out of the city and walked around the park to our house...I was always sure that I was Cinderella...or was it Snow White...well maybe...The Sleeping Beauty.
It was obvious to me and it ought to have been obvious to everyone ...that's who I really was!

Ah!  ...

We had an "eastenders" actress playing the fairy...she was funny...but I wouldn't have danced all the way home thinking that I was her.
No ..the fairies in my day looked like fairies....I think...if that's what fairies look like?! 

 
Of course the real
 hero of this pantomime....
...is the cat!


2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the cat! They know exactly how to play hero don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it wasn't Pat Butcher. I love panto; Lady M doesn't. Of course no such thing happens here, so I have to rely on memories. Billy Dainty, Biggins, Don Smoothy, I saw some wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.