Tuesday, November 15

Cake, cake, cake!

I'm just back from The Trafford Centre, Manchester...having meet up with my lovely daughter at Selfridges for a morning drink. It doesn't happen very often...but today she was delivering the last of the Christmas goodies to the northern store. London and Birmingham already have their supplies of Neviepie Cakes.


So proud mother ...oh stop it mum....had to take a pic of her beside the display.
She's very perfectionist...well so is her brother...but I don't know where it it has come from!
So the stall is given the once over....

 ....And yes , it will do! Hurray.

Actually the cake department were already oohing and aahing over the goodies.
If you want some ...you need to get there fast...it's all gonna go!
Individual Christmas cakes with hand-painted designs, cookies on a stick and the sweetest gingerbread houses...some with Hansel and Gretel standing in front to welcome us!

I can hear her say, "Now you are being a bit fanciful mum"...but she expects that of me I'm sure.

8 comments:

  1. Clapping hands over here, how splendid, I'm so glad to have seen some photos, as I'm allergic to shops and great to see Natasha with them - I am one very proud friend! They will fly out (and next year she will have to hire a helper to fulfill the bigger order I am predicting will come).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted to see Natasha's work in the shops,she is a very tallented designer & her work is simply gorgeous.
    I'm part of an online group on Flickr that she is also in, and tonight we're sharing the link to your blog, and sharing the excitement of seeing her work displayed.

    NeviePie is actually my family's nickname for me (as my name is Niamh), and it always seems strange to see it written down!

    Best of luck with everything Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - they look fantastic! I am VERY sad that I won't be able to get any myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely not a good time for a diabetic...hahahahahaha I'll just shoot more insulin I tell my doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks a lovely girl Gerry - you must be very proud of her. We all feel like that about our children, don't we? An old lady in our village once told me how when her baby girl was born many years ago she said to the doctor who delivered her in a home delivery - 'isn't she perfect Doctor?' He apparently answered, 'There is only one perfect baby Mrs....... and every mother has it.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. thankyou all you lovely commenters....sorry about being the proud mum!! it goes with the territory I believe! It was the final fling of a long slog of baking and decorating and putting in to pretty little "fiddley" containers....that for me is the hard bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow you both and completely forgot that you two are related. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.