Wednesday, September 14

A Poem for Thursday.

I'm not quite sure where this all came from apart from the different concepts being at the centre of quite a lot of my thinking. I think that the home in the poem, is my Belfast home, and certainly the photo is of the garden there with my sister and myself. It may also have come from a recent family revelation which had us all a-twitter, but it may have nothing to do with that at all...just the ramblings of a "bit-poet"!

Beyond the open door
A house that was a home.

Pandora leave the magic box alone.

Beyond the open door
A shelter once I had.

Bruce Naumann let the cat out of the bag.

Beyond the open door
A refuge for my soul.

Miss Potter was it you who feared the cold?

Beyond the open door
A mist is closing in.

Come playboy, come and save my soul from sin.

Beyond the open door
The rooms are upside down.

Kandinsky, Klee and Freud are out of town.

7 comments:

  1. This poem made me remember a place from my childhood. You're creating images...
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever it was that inspired it Gerry - it is very clever. There is a hint of sadness in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grethe...thankyou for your comment. I think that sometimes we hardly even know where our thoughts come from and I'm sure that a lot of them are hidden in the memories of our early home.

    Pat.... you are right that there is a hint of sadness there. Not at the revelation...but at the fact that they did not feel able to share it with us at the time. Thanks for thinking it clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely poem, and yes, something deeper stirred it's creation, I tend to write my best poetry when my heart has been moved...
    Thank you for sharing your poetic stirrings..
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that this is a lovely poem - there's a lot there. Something for everyone :)

    LOVE the picture - two cutie patooties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure what it means, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your comment made me giggle Dominic...thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.