Thursday, July 14

A Poem for Thursday



Patricia Lightfoot
Poet



She recited two poems at the garden party.
This is the one that I liked best.


The wind roared the sea raged.
A boat held in it's icy grip.
We are lost cried out the men.
Black clouds ruled the sky.
No light shone from the silver moon.

The men fell to their knees'.
Hands clasped in prayer.
Crying out with one voice,
Forgive us our sins oh sweet lord
Only you can save us now.

Their lord and master
Stretched out his hand.
In his mercy he calmed the storm.
Black clouds rolled back.
Light from the moon shone down,
Guiding them safely into their harbour home.

6 comments:

  1. What an unusual poem Gerry. I am trying desperately to get back into writing it again as have been unable to write any since I was ill in November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love poems about the sea. The wind and the black clouds, the waves, the dangerous sea. I can hear the roar of the wind and feel the splash of the waves!!
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat...I find myself also rather dry as far as inspiration goes. We are so busy with the business etc. and I need a reflexive time and space to create with words and thoughts. no doubt it will come to both of us!
    Thanks for all of your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could do with a touch of that inspiration - i'm struggling a bit just now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave...thankyou for your comment...I wonder if we all need a time of reflexion and pause!! It will come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is in reality a nice and helpful piece of info.
    I am satisfied that you shared this helpful information with us.

    Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.


    My web page ... facetime for pc review

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.