Tuesday, May 31

Strawberries!

I believe that there is a saying...maybe Chinese, maybe not....that if you live 'til strawberry time you will live another year.
I'll go with that!
I came down this morning to find that the gardener [a.k.a. the potter] had already been out in the vegetable patch and there were the first ruby red jewels of fruit that we blithely call...strawberries.
I think that they should have a much more exotic name. If I could think of one ...I'd rename them....can't think...o.k. call them strawberries!


Looks like we studded these with rubies!



yum!
They're all gone....
'til tomorrow morning!

6 comments:

  1. At present we have one pale pink one and about a dozen green ones - we are weeks behind you. I think they are almost worth of being called rubies. I think of them as my favourite fruit until raspberries come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouthwatering! Alas, my wife is allergic to them, so they are a rare treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave...how sad for her. My son is the same with raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a way it's quite a good thing to be a bit behind as you get to eat them after everyone else has stopped!! Raspberries I love especially in jam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. __Such great photos and thoughts.

    Nothing steps above... the summer sweetnesses!
    _m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes rubies would be good. They are like little rubies!Or Ruby berry. I wonder if we call them strawberries because they did put straw under the berries in order to keep them from the soil?
    Cheers
    Grethe

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.