Friday, May 6

Maddy's "Do".

The incorrigible Magdalene a.k.a. Maddy to her friends
...and I'm proud to be one! ...
is putting on an extravaganza par excellence in September.
"Hollywood Honeys"........."Screen Sirens"  etc.
So we're talking here about Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Greta Garbo, Marlene Dietrich et al.
And all this coming from the staff and gang at

I was watching with envy, the Italian Garden Journey of the rather delectable Monty Don.
On the southern leg of his "Grand Tour", he visited the Villa Cimbrone in Ravello on the bay of Naples.
Beautiful House
Beautiful Gardens
Beautiful People!
they all went there in the 20s and 30s.
And one of them was....Greta Garbo
They went apparantly for peace from the hoi-poloi!
And that , they say, is where she first uttered the immortal words..
"...I have been to the Amalfi coast and there I was left alone...
-I want to be alone"


So in the greater scheme of things  i.e. the show,
your's truly has put on the fedora titfer,
slipped on the velvet smoking jacket,
covered the sad eyes with shades 
and clutched a cigarette holder in her paw!
[ don't smoke, never smoked!]

Then, a photo session with the talented Tracy Sanderson McAiney.



I did my best to keep in character...

....but eventually the giggles broke through!

Greta didn't sing as far as I can tell, but I'm going to say the lyrics of that gorgeous piece,
"Mack the Knife"

I've just got to spruce up on the sexy Swedish accent,
and that's not easy for a Belfast girl!


3 comments:

  1. Monty Don, ah, now you're talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ember...thankyou!

    dave...Monty Don the ideal man to play the charmer at Ravello ..he fitted right in!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.