Friday, November 19

The Big Macpot.

This ceramic sculpture was made in response to the "ME" generation.
Climbing on top of one another to reach the goal. And in this instance what was that goal?
Why of course "creme de la creme." A large beefburger!
Inside the rim the golden arch is revealed as the lips of an all enveloping mouth hoovering up the innocents.

Don't get me wrong, I'm partial to a good beefburger myself, and I even quite like those itsy-bitsy chippy thingys!


One more from the lateral working mind of the potter.
Alan Snape.
  

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic pot with all those people, first seen in the glaze and then emerging in fine figures. Great. Reminds me about som frescoes in church, but they are climbing to heaven and not to a cheeseburger!
    Grethe `)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's an exhibition on at the White Cube Gallery at the moment.Rachel Kneebone.... http://www.whitecube.com/artists/rk/.... is the artist working in porcelain. Figures clambering and tumbling over one another. Well worth looking at.
    thankyou Grethe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one too - he has the most fantastic sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yet another winner. Much thanks to you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.