Wednesday, September 22

Morecambe Goodies

We have another home...how good is that!  Well before you think,"Ha to them!"  let me tell you that it is in the "wild" west end of Morecambe, ex-guest house, nobody wanted them 8 years ago. When I told some of my friends that we had purchased this with the money Alan's dad Sydney left, and  that  it wasn't so much and fairly unexpected, they still grimaced and shook their heads!
Well boo- hoo to them! Over the years E.U. money came in, Urban Splash remade the Midland Hotel, and both young English families and Polish families took over a lot of the houses and the town started to change. It still has a long, long way to go in the West End. But most of it can no longer be called.."wild"!

Here are some of the people and happenings that make this one of the best kept secrets that I know!

Everybody knows about the beauty of the Lake District, but the best view of it is across the Bay on a sunny day, with a gentle ripple of white water on the sea.

 
And of course everyone knows about the stunning sunsets over the Furness peninsula. When these occur the prom is full of photographers snapping for a special one.


But even in the depth of winter the bay can be stunning.

Now I can already hear you say, "well it takes more than a sunset to convince me ."
So here is one of the lovely experiences from the last 12 months.


If it's early summer, then it must be the Great 50's Rock and Roll Weekend, so get on your gear and let's go dancing.

 
I'm so jealous as I can't really dance, certainly not like these folks. And even the kids get in the act.

With dad looking on and posing in that superb 50's gear! Look at those shoes...made for dancing!

50's moves!

Can't stop my feet tapping!


And you know that you're going to need some refreshment after all that. Who better to provide it ,than the gorgeous Kate. Really a graphic designer, one of the young southerners to come up and reside locally. She bought the old van and brought it back to life and sells at all of the special celebrations.
Gosh what a great outfit on that cool Teddyboy...well he will be cool after he eats the icecream.

So a little taster of more to come..in fact Morecambe!
look out for another taster soon! 

3 comments:

  1. Loving your pictures ~ especially the sea ones.. what a secret.. and worthy of sharing :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gerri-

    Oh you are one lucky gal! Looks like paradise to me.
    Cheers,

    Marjorie
    p.s. And the dancing in the square-Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I live overlooking water so no arguements from me as to how spectacular that gets even on a gloomy rainy day in the middle of winter. ☺ Looks lovely.

    Oh, & I did so enjoy the Lake District ~ that & Cornwall. Maybe because we had good weather in those 2 places. Tell me Ireland doesn't rain like England does! ☺

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.