Wednesday, August 18

poetry from the third generation.

This is a poem by my wonderful oldest grand daughter who goes under the name Severus. You can see her profile here.
I think that this poem would be a good one for the Poetry Bus this week. I hope that they accept it as it is.nt mine. you can find the poetry bus on Enchanted Oak.blogspot.com.



Imperfect


Posted by Severus at Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm no where near perfect,

Of that there's no doubt.

I often get angry,

And occassionally I'll shout.

I'm not exactly skinny,

And my hair never goes right.

My voice is very tinny,

And I have issues with my height.

Perfect! That I'll never be!

I fall for guys who are no good,

And I turn it into fantasy.

I complain about the nieghbourhood.

I fall out with my friends,

And I argue with my sisters.

I make sure every rule bends,

And the sun gives me blisters.

I don't always listen to my parents,

And I'm sorry to say I make them stressed,

Then everything becomes tense,

And we all put our patience to the test.

My skin isn't flawless,

And my writing's very scrawly.

I can be quite gormless,

And I scream at anything crawly.

But maybe I am perfect.

As much as anyone can be.

Because I'm me completely!

And no one else will ever be,

Perfectly me!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Love it Kate!



17 August 2010 22:47

Gerry Snape said...

This is wonderful poetry . Get it on the F.B.


18 August 2010 12:22



Post a Comment

5 comments:

  1. Perfect. I can be quite gormless too. And I never listened to my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem - is she going to be the next Carol Ann Duffy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for your encouragement. She is quite a person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am and I know where I get it all from too! :) xxx <3 xxx <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw this is my blog http://confusionosityoflife.blogspot.com/ :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.