Monday, April 26

Prom Art at Grange over Sands


Another summer of art and craft on the promenade at Grange over Sands on the edge of The Bay.

The gardens along the prom are beautiful and each section is looked after by a group in the community.

I made a new windbreak this year with stuff that reminded me of Punch and Judy shows. I'm not sure if I like it as much as the seaside blue stripe that we had last year.We'll see how it goes.
Robert is the one who is the inspiration behind the Prom Art and is always to be seen strolling around in his canary yellow coat. Not to be missed!

We are often entertained by musicians and dancers, morris, belly, and jazz!
There are now around 100 artists and crafters coming on the last Sunday of each month from April to September and an amazing variety of art work can be bought .
The Brantwood stand is always busy. Brantwood was John Ruskins home from 1872 - 1900.See the website http://www.valeriewood-lakes.co.uk/ for more information about drawing workshops.



One of my absolute favorites is a stand run by Evelyn Stickland. She turns fleece to felt and creates bags, scarves, rugs and a miriad of other wonderful things. Contact her on 01524 853349 but not before I get the best goodies!
 Anyone who knows me ,knows my penchance for earrings, and this is a great stall to browse. This is the stand of Rebecca Johnson. Find her at http://www.moonbeamsaccessories.co.uk/ or 01229 465426
People are facinated by the work of Sue at http://www.againstthegrain.info/ as she pares the wood from stakes and turns them into the most lovely flowers, as well as some amazing solid wooden furniture.

"trotters`n`pooche" is the stand of the designer/ textile artist Jo Rothwell. Her work can be viewed on either http://www.heskinfarmersmarket.co.uk/ or http://www.trottersnpooche.com/. This is designing at it's best and she takes courses at The Bluecoat in Liverpool. Watch her space.

Zena Herbert is a well known designer-maker based in Morecambe. She makes fine jewellery with silver and stones. Lovely . And can create a hat for that special occasion. http://www.theseaofdreams.com/
Finally a stand I hadn't noticed before, Tinners Rabbit Picture Framing.Based in 54 Market Street Ulverston LA12 7LS . Can you just see the Rabbit? I've been told that he goes everywhere with them! 

Alan and I finished the day at The Midland Hotel , Morecambe on the front, watching the sun go down and drinking a bevvy and sharing a mezze platter of goodies.Great day.

The next Prom Art is on Sunday 30th May 10.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m. See you there!

4 comments:

  1. One day we'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the northern gardens ~ but on the whole not your weather! ☺ I'm an ear~ring girl too ~ long & dangly. Some lovely work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou ganeida, I'm
    Irish, but I love the north of England. I think of it as St. Patrick country. the borderlands you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah well, I'm Australian so everyone is north of me. ☺

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.