Thursday, April 15

Mary

I think that I will make Thursday - poetry day
I was a war baby, born in 1943. So a lot of early memories were of my staying close to mum.
She sent me at the age of 5 to study with the most amazing teacher in Belfast, Mr. Graeme Roberts.He lived with his wife and sister- in- law in the Georgian Crescent near the university area. I was with him until I was in my eary 20s. Quite a privelige.The Irish tradition was always the oral one of poems and songs and stories of the ancients.So here is the first dedicated to the memory of my lovely mum.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya, thought i'd pop over from " Guitars & Life" i commented about Oliver not coming OOp North and you mentioned something or other.. i'm more north than you hehehe.. Newcastle!
    anyway, great blog, ok if i follow?
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey, great if you follow.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always glad to receive a comment so a big thankyou to all those who leave one.